Railway View Pharmacy can now administer your annual flu vaccination. Seasonal flu is a highly infectious viral illness of the respiratory tract that can be life threatening. Most deaths from seasonal flu occur in people aged 65 years and over. It is important if you are 65 years or over, have a long term health condition or are pregnant that you get an annual flu vaccination.
Vaccination is strongly recommended for:
- Persons aged 65 and over
- Those with a long-term medical condition such as diabetes, heart or lung disease
- People whose immune system is impaired due to disease or treatment
- Persons with a body mass index (BMI) over 40
- Pregnant women (can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- Residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
- Healthcare workers
The most common side effects will be mild and may include soreness, redness or swelling where the injection was given. Headache, fever, aches and tiredness may occur. Some people may have mild sweating and shivering as their immune system responds to the vaccine, but this is not flu and will pass after a day or so.
Contact us today if you would like to discuss your flu vaccine or make an appointment to have the jab administered.